Parent Conversation Guides
Working With Sounds
Help younger children notice, repeat & manipulate sounds in their environment. Sounds can include silverware on the counter, clap, bang, bells, whoosh – whatever you notice.
- The sound of your phone
- Car honking
- The sound when the A/C comes on
- Water going down the drain
- The different sound of a footstep on gravel or grass or wood?
- Toast popping when it is done.
- Encourage them to notice sounds you haven’t yet explored.
Can you repeat it?
Can you make it louder and softer?
Faster and slower?