Parent Conversation Guides
Talk About Homes
These conversation ideas can help your child explore the concept that every home is different.
- Which homes do you think are most like ours? What makes you think that?
- What did you notice that was different from our home?
- Some homes are bigger than others. Why do you think that is?
- And here you are in a discussion about family income.
- Can you imagine what it would be like to live in a smaller home? A larger one?
- Does living in a smaller or larger home make a person different? Do you still have things in common? What are they?
- Each family has things that are special to them. There might be photographs, or items on a mantle. Special pillows on the sofa or bed. If someone new came into your home, what might they think is special to you?
- Let’s think about when someone visits our home. What do we think they will notice? What do we want them to notice?