Parent Conversation Guides
Lego my Logo
The purpose of these discussions is to help children recognize and appreciate the intention and power of smart design. More than any generation, their surroundings are saturated with visual messaging, each one offering the potential to help them show coolness, belonging and individuality. Using brands as personal identifiers can seem like an easy solution to social challenges. Bottom line – it is important to understand that these logos are marketing – meant to sell.
Some discussion points when you see a Nike logo …
- What do you think of the Nike logo? What do you think of when you see it?
- Does it tell you anything about what you can expect when you buy any Nike product?
- If you had two identical sneakers, but only one had the logo on it, which one would you choose? Why?
- Have you heard that the logo is called the Nike swoosh? What does that word make you think about?
- Have you heard Nike’s slogan, “Just do it!” What do you think the slogan means? Why do you think Nike chose that slogan?
- Companies use logos and slogans to encourage us to buy their products. They want us to feel that, by wearing their logo, that we are telling the world something special about who we are and what we stand for.
- Are there popular brands in your school?
- Do you have any favorites? Why do you like those brands