Parent Conversation Guides
Shapes & Colors
The purpose of these conversations is to build your child’s awareness of shapes in action – shapes in their daily life.
- Let’s see if we can find 10 circles in the kitchen – in 1 minute?
- Hold a glass upright in front of them. Can they find the circle?
- Why do they think plates are round?
- Can you find a green square?
- Think about having mealtimes with a shape or color focus. Have foods cut into the shape, napkins folded into the shape. Let your child pick the shape or color the day before and spend some time thinking about it.
- Notice tires on cars and bikes, halos
- Why no round buildings?